A Streetscape composed of a variety of planes will invariably be distorted when projected onto a general plane. Nonetheless, for the purposes of creating a quick documentation of the architectural presence of these houses lining a street approaching one of Guanajuato’s many tunnels, an imperfect projection does a lot better job than any of the four wide angle shots above (the source photos for this mosaic).
Telephone: 540 447 4405
Aaslestad Preservation Consulting, LLC provides architects, preservationists, and building owners with high quality documentation that describes the existing conditions of built structures - in photographs and/or in CAD format, as measured drawings, high density point clouds, accurate 3-D models...
Peter Aaslestad is recognized in the U.S. as a pioneer in using photogrammetry to record historic structures as a consulting service to other architects, preservationists and property owners.
Drawing on his background in architecture & photography, Peter has documented the existing conditions of wide variety of structures - including ruins, the homes of presidents, entire neighborhoods, national landmarks and more in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
His consulting service offerings for preservation & design work include 3D scanning, creation of high density point clouds & 3D models, orthophotography, rectified photography, hybrid drawings, mosaic imaging, and accurate measured drawings in CAD format. These can include elevations, plans, sections, reflected ceiling plans that capture an describe a building's envelope and/or its interior spaces and surfaces.
Mr. Aaslestad has been a guest lecturer for the APT (Association for Preservation Technology), Columbia University, and the Universities of Virginia, North Carolina and Florida. In 2001, Mr. Aaslestad became an active member of the investigative team working to restore James Madison’s Montpelier. The groundbreaking work produced by this team was recognized in 2003 with the prestigious Paul E. Buchanan Award, presented by the Vernacular Architecture Forum.
Peter also contracts creative work as a designer & as a free lance photographer with works appearing in a variety of publications over his 25 year career.
- 3D Scanning
- Preservation Consulting
- 287 Broadway (NYC)
- 30403 Coffee Table (Design Collaboration)
- Blanton Residence (Design Project)
- Bob White Bridge – Woolwine, VA
- Child’s Restaurant
- Cosmos Club Ballroom
- Fayette County Courthouse
- First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia
- Fort Sumter
- Franklin and Marshall College
- Grace Church (NYC)
- Harry Lee Hall at Quantico
- Hill-Stead Museum
- James Madison’s Montpelier
- Luzerne County Courthouse
- Maria Mitchell House in Nantucket
- Mercersburg Academy
- Meridian Hill Park
- New Castle Town Hall – New Castle, DE
- Park Avenue Armory (7th Regiment Armory)
- Provident Mutual Life Insurance Building
- Quai Vauban (France)
- Saline Royal | Claude-Nicolas Ledoux
- Temple Beth-El – Jersey City, NJ
- The Maymont Mansion
- The New Jersey Statehouse
- The North Carolina State Capitol
- The Old Senate Chamber at the Maryland State Capitol
- The Roxboro House
- The Stone House at the Newtown History Center
- The Tomb of the Unknowns
- The Westory Building in Washington, DC
- Trinity Episcopal Church in Rensselaerville, NY
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Union University
- Vladivostok (Russia)
- War Memorial Auditorium (Nashville)
- Wilson Addition (Design Project)